Every day in Olomouc
I have been here for a week and I think I am getting better and better. The everyday life here is simple, every morning after I woke up, I will dress up and make myself a simple breakfast, then with a sweater, I will walk about 5 minutes to the tram station just situated right out of my dormitory and take a tram to my University.
This is the tram station, the yellow box is a machine where you can buy your tram ticket, about RM2 per ticket, but you can take any tram within 24 hours without buying a second ticket. It's cheap. However, you have to always have some coins with you to get a tram ticket. Therefore, I have already bought a three-month tram pass ticket for about RM50, means I only pay RM0.50 for my transportation for the whole day! Cool huh? I am happy because the tram is really on time and you can estimate how much time you need for a destination because it is all stated on a board at the tram station. I am relief that I don't need to drive and stuck in traffic jam anymore. I keep telling my friends here that I have been driving for the past 6 years and now I have to adapt to a walking student life now. Interesting...
While I am waiting for tram at the station, I found it's a beautiful graveyard right in front the tram station. However, I am not afraid or feeling "geli" at all because it is quite beautifully-designed.

This is how it looks like in the tram, I always get a seat because our dormitory is the first stop for all the trams. People here are quite good-mannered. If a youngster saw an old folk, they will stand up straight away to give way to the old folk. It's really common here which I don't see this happening in Malaysia. -_-' And people here are quite disciplined too because nobody will check your tram ticket when you are in the tram, still they get on the tram after they buy the tram ticket. This is because there would be some plain cloth officer to check on them on and off. :)
University of Palacky is not exactly a campus, its buildings are everywhere in Olomouc, depends which faculty it is. This is the "Konvict", where I have my orientation on the first day.
This is a postal box for some academic staffs. It really has an ancient look. :)
This is the main entrance for the Centre building and library.
This is where I study, Faculty of Philosophy, Department of History.
This is how it looks like when you enter in here. The environment is really clean and organized. I am surprised by the security system in this historical building. Besides keys, the academic staff needs an electronic identification card to swipe and open some class rooms. Although these class rooms have been built many years ago, but it is still protected by the latest technology! I am quite honored to study at the second oldest University in Czech Republic, it started on 16 century! A few hundred years ago...!!
2 Comments:
The city looks great,definitely better than msia...at least it looks safe...hehe~good place to study~
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home